❌CANCELLED 😔 ❌
🗓 2-4 June, various times
📍 Chapter House, Gloucester Cathedral, GL1 2LX
🎟 Only 60 places. Tickets £12/£7
Undersong places you at the meeting point between threads of music. Voices weave amongst you and around the space, from a whispered duet to a screaming mob.
Live singers build a vibrant language of a cappella music and movement as they bring to life a series of brand-new compositions, which move between tender and expansive.
Verity Standen creates unique sound worlds, using intricate vocal techniques and rich harmony. She has established a reputation around the UK and internationally for her innovative approach to music-making, exploring playful and profound ways for audiences to experience the human voice.
Babes in Arms Performance
We want this amazing experience to be open to everyone so if you have a young baby we will be making extra provisions at the 10:30am performance on 2nd June for them to attend. Babes in arms can come for free!
- There will be a place to leave buggies and changing facilities available.
- You can leave the show and re-enter as often as you need to.
- You will sit on a stool and the singers will move around you.
- There will be lights that illuminate and dim throughout the piece and moments when the show is quite loud and intense.
- The Cathedral is a historical building and will be cold so please do bring a coat and blanket.
- Unfortunately the show is not suitable for toddlers.
“One of the most extraordinary pieces of performance I’ve ever seen.”
“A visceral and life-affirming experience”
“Undersong is truly transformative”
Awesome people who are making this event possible 🎉🙏
Composer: Verity Standen
Performers: Coco Mbassi, Dominie Hooper, Dominika Jarosz, Ellie Showering, Henry McGrath, Jannah Warlow, Kate Smith, Tom Penn & Verity Standen
Sound Designer: Jack Drewry
Movement Director: Laila Diallo
Lighting Designer: Ben Pacey
Dramaturg: John Norton
Costume Advisor: Hannah Wolfe
Outside Eye: Tom Morris
Composing Mentor: Orlando Gough