Tolmeia wants to create a collection of animated GIF stickers which focus on positive solutions to the coronavirus crisis and give those in Gloucestershire a way to spread awareness and inspire others to champion different actions.
Some of the themes these animated stickers could cover include:
- Looking out for each other
- Reaching out to vulnerable people
- Embracing creativity
- Adaptation and processing grief/changes in lifestyle
- Reflecting on what’s important
- Ideas for mutual aid
- Inspiring people to stay connected with communities even after COVID-19
- Health advice (washing hands, staying indoors etc)
- Symbols of hope (rainbows etc)
About the artist
Tolmeia is a verified GIPHY artist and illustrator. Her collection of animated stickers has been viewed over 7 billion times. She has worked with campaign groups and organisations such as Extinction Rebellion, Fashion Revolution and Lonely Whale, all of which have had great success with the launch of their collaborative sticker collections.
Her activism work is based both offline and online – she uses Instagram to discuss environmental issues as well as sustainable fashion. Her offline work is rooted in direct-action where she is an activist and coordinator for Extinction Rebellion, both locally in Cheltenham and internationally.