Check out our first digital arts award challenge from Strike A Light youth theatre practitioner Tom who will lead you through a magical corridor of games and improvisation to ignite your imagination.
Discover at Home is a special on-line version of Arts Award Discover, the first level of Arts Award and is aimed at children aged 11 and under. Arts Award is a set of awards for children and young people that gets them involved in and excited about arts and culture and celebrates their creative achievements.
Usually children are supported to achieve Arts Award by a trained Arts Award adviser. However, during the coronavirus pandemic, Arts Award Discover at Home has been designed to keep children engaged in the arts and creative while they are at home.
This resource is open to parents and carers, as well as schools and groups and can be delivered as part of a home-school partnership – ideal for summer holiday or transition and recovery projects into the Autumn term.
Discover at Home encourages children to:
- develop a basic understanding of the arts
- take part in arts activities
- develop a basic understanding of communication
The structure of Arts Award Discover at Home
Children do this by completing all three parts:
- Part A: take part in creative or arts activities and discover different types of ‘art’
- Part B: find out about at least one artist and their work
- Part C: share with others what they enjoyed and learned through doing the award
Thank you so much for taking part! If you’ve enjoyed this why not join our Youth Theatre in September?