Are you aged between 18-30 and based in Gloucester?
Are you an emerging artist with an interest in making a positive impact in your community?
Would you like to take part in a new, paid, short term scheme with training delivered by Strike A Light?
Do you have a creative idea that would support your community during Lockdown 3 with a particular focus on vulnerable people, that you’d like to be paid for to develop and deliver?
What is it?
Strike A Light would like to support 4 young emerging artists/creatives, based in Gloucester between February – March 2021 to develop and deliver a creative idea that offers support and hope to people who are isolated and vulnerable during this latest lockdown. We are particularly interested in creative ideas that are not just digital, we know that many people are tired of interacting online or simply don’t have the technology to allow them to do that.
Do you have an idea that we could support you to make a reality that will develop you as a creative community activist and bring some joy to others in your community?
- It could be a letter writing scheme
- Deliver a painting to your neighbour
- A pavement concert
- A dance in the street
What we really want are your ideas, they’ll probably be much better!!!
What we will offer:
- A fee of £1920, based on £120 a day for 16 days through February and March.
- A budget of up to £200 for materials/costs to deliver your idea
- An artist mentor to support you with your idea and help make it a reality
- Access to the wider Strike A Light team, helping you think about what being a community artist can do and be.
- A project manager to support you through the process.
How do you apply?
Share your ideas with us. Please let us know:
- What you want to do?
- Who is it for?
- What you need to make it happen?
- How and when will it happen?
- What positive outcome you hope it will make?
This can be a written proposal (no longer than 1000 words), or a video (no longer than 3 minutes). If this application process doesn’t work for you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative.
Please send your ideas to us by Wednesday 27 January 2021.
We will let you know whether your idea has been successful by the 3 February and you will have February and March to deliver your project (ideally starting week beginning 8 February).
We particularly welcome applications from those from under-represented groups in the creative sector or those who have experienced racism or discrimination.
Please send your application via email to Hannah at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Community Activist Application’.
Awesome people making this project happen! 🙏🎉
This opportunity is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.