Thank you to everyone who joined in with our ‘Striking Spaces’ dance challenge!
Check out the film of all the entries… 👇💥
Take our ‘Striking Spaces’ dance challenge and get moving in lockdown!
🌈 Find a cool backdrop outdoors
📱 Record your moves
📧 Send us the clip by 22 Feb
And we’ll create a short video featuring you and other incredible dancers!
No age restrictions, no experience restrictions (just Covid ones so make sure you follow those).
Striking Spaces Instructions
- To get involved in the Striking Spaces Dance Challenge, first have a look at the dance tutorial videos below.
- Use the videos to learn the routines in your own time. Don’t worry if you struggle with any of the movement, you can adapt it and make it your own!
- Film yourself (or ask someone to film you) performing the routines, or part of them, in outside spaces. A mixture of spaces would be great (urban/industrial, green/garden). Your videos need to be no longer than one minute.
- Once you’re happy with your videos, email them to email@example.com. Deadline Monday 22 February.
- The videos we receive will all be combined to create a dance film to share publicly.
- Join us online on Friday 5 March on Zoom for a Q&A session with professional and young dancers and to watch the finished film of all the dances.
Covid Safety Guidelines
- If someone is helping you with filming, it must be someone from your household or bubble
- If you’re filming in public spaces, maintain social distancing
- Avoid sitting on or using surfaces e.g park benches, steps
- If you are feeling ill or showing any symptoms of Covid 19 (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change of sense of smell/taste) stay at home, do not go to public spaces to film videos
- Always wash your hands thoroughly when you get home