University of Gloucestershire in partnership with Strike A Light are offering free rehearsal space in their beautiful Performing Arts Centre studios this summer.
What’s on offer?
- Free rehearsal space in purpose built studios at University of Gloucestershire’s Performing Arts Centre, Oxstalls Campus, Gloucester for one week
- Free on campus accommodation
- Working alongside other artists, companies and students
- Opportunity to build a relationship with Strike A Light
When does it take place?
Rehearsal space available between: 10am & 5pm
- Monday 9 August – Friday 13 August
- Monday 16 August – Friday 20 August
- Tuesday 31 August – Friday 3 September
What are we looking for?
- Professional companies/artists who make contemporary performance (dance, theatre, spoken word, puppetry etc).
- Artists who are open to a University student spending time in the room observing your process.
You could be rehearsing a show, developing something new or just using the time and space to test ideas.
You must have your own public liability insurance.
If you’ve got any questions check out the FAQS below and then contact us.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21 July, 10am
If you would like to apply via a different format please email Jess on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the studio spaces like?
- Studio spaces vary but all have dance lino or wooden dance floors and white and mirrored walls and/ or black curtains.
- All spaces are a suitable size for group rehearsals (ranging from 90m2 – 145 m2).
- All the ground floor spaces are wheelchair accessible. The first floor spaces are also wheelchair accessible however the lift is not to be used during a fire evacuation. In the unlikely event of a fire any wheelchair users would need to evacuate using evacuation chairs.
- The space will be exclusively yours for the week and will be available for you to use between 10am & 5pm. Equipment/set can be left in the studios over night but is at your own risk.
- Use of technical equipment (lighting/sound etc) not included.
- Virtual tours of the performing arts centre and dance & performance studio.
Is it easy to get there?
- There is parking on site and good public transport links by train and bus. The campus is a 25 minute walk from Gloucester train station.
What is the accommodation like?
- The accommodation available is in the University halls on campus.
- Each room has a single bed and a private ensuite.
- There is a shared kitchen in each flat.
- There is internet access.
- There are accessible flats available.
- You may be sharing a flat with other artists on residency.
- Virtual tour of some of the on campus accommodation.