We’re looking for an intern to work with and support our participation team in our youth theatre and youth dance sessions. The internship will also provide you with the opportunity to develop skills and learn more about participation and project administration through supporting weekly delivery with a brilliant cohort of young people and practitioners.
The internship is offered as a part time role, 2 hours a week (September 2021 – August 2022).
Rate of pay: £8.91 per hour.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To support practitioners in weekly sessions
- To work with young people between the ages of 7-18 in creating new engaging and dynamic performances across the City
- To help manage the space and keep young people aware of personal space/social distancing where necessary
- To deliver warm up’s or drama games at the start of some sessions
- Create emails (via mailchimp) about Strike A Light events and weekly participation information for parents and young people
- Collate material for evaluation through different forms of media
- To work within Strike A Light policies, including Health & Safety, Child Protection and Equalities
- To participate in organisation meetings and events as required
- To attend relevant training as and when required
- To positively represent Strike A Light at events
This is an internship position and so you do not have to have lots of experience or have worked in this kind of job before. The aim of the internship is to provide an opportunity to develop your skills and help you in your future career, whilst supporting the work of Strike A Light.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic about this opportunity
- Is interested in Youth Theatre and Youth Dance participation
- Is interested in working in the arts
- Has a good level of written and spoken English
- Is confident using a computer, in particular email and social media
If you do have voluntary or paid experience doing any of the tasks listed in the job description above, even better. Let us know about this in your application.
Please send a CV, monitoring form and a cover letter outlining why you would like this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please include your full name in the attachment file names)
If you would like to apply via a different format (e.g video/audio) please get in touch.
Please complete the above monitoring form and send it with your CV and cover letter. This information will be separated from your application and is used for monitoring purposes only, not as part of the shortlisting process.
Deadline for applications Wednesday 18 August, 12pm
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25 August