- Are you aged between 18-30 and based in Gloucester?
- Are you an emerging artist/creative with an interest in making a positive impact in your community?
- Would you like to take part in a new, paid, short term scheme with training, delivered by Strike A Light?
What is it?
Strike A Light would like to support 4 young emerging artists/creatives, based in Gloucester between December 2021 and March 2022 to develop and deliver a creative idea that:
- helps to connect people
- engages with those who may have less opportunity to get involved in creative activities
What we will offer:
- A fee of £1920, based on £120 a day for 16 days.
- A budget of up to £500 for materials/costs to deliver your idea
- An artist mentor to support you with your idea and help make it a reality
- Access to the wider Strike A Light team, helping you think about what being a community artist can do and be.
- A project manager to support you through the process.
How do you apply?
Share your ideas with us. Please let us know:
- What you want to do?
- Who is it for?
- How it will connect people?
- What you need to make it happen?
This can be a written proposal (no longer than 1000 words), or a video (no longer than 3 minutes). If this application process doesn’t work for you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative.
Please send your ideas to us by Tuesday November 9 2021
We will let you know whether your idea has been successful by November 19 2021.
We particularly welcome applications from those from under-represented groups in the creative sector. We are also particularly interested in projects that can engage with communities in White City, Matson and Robinswood.
Please send your application via email to Jess at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Creative Community Application’.
Awesome people making this project happen! 🙏🎉
This opportunity is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.
Cover Image: ‘Venture Through the Seasons’ – Ella Daniel Lowe