Are you a creative practitioner with strong relationships in your local community, and a passion for engaging with people across cultures? This could be the opportunity for you! 👇
🔥Connection to a national network
🔥 Fee of £2,250, based on 15 days of work
🔥 April – September 2022
🔥 Deadline for applications 28 March, 5pm
GL4 is looking for an Artistic Associate (ideally local to Gloucestershire) to work alongside Lead Artist John Pfumojena, and an ensemble of global majority performers, as part of a national project produced by the Collaborative Touring Network in 2022.
Do you have skills in leading artistic workshops in any of the following disciplines?
- Creative writing, script, poetry
Do you have an interest in non-conventional storytelling, multidisciplinary artforms and improvisation?
Do you have a strong relationship with communities around you and experience in devising work with the people in your place?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
You can hear more about the project and the role, directly from the lead artist John Pfumojena:
Dates & Details
- Fee of £2,250, based on 15 days of work @ £150 p/day between April – September 2022, broken down according to the following schedule of work:
|Preparation & Evaluation||2||April & Sept 2022|
Equivalent hours spread over days in these months; participating in meetings, workshop prep, evaluation sessions etc.
|Workshops with Lead Artist & Ensemble||3||April 2022|
3 consecutive days of workshops, start of collaboration between John Pfumojena and Associate Artist. Community members joining.
|Leading workshops and devising with community members||5||April-August 2022|
Flexible schedule to be devised by Associate Artist in partnership with GL4, considering needs of community. Could be an intensive week, multiple weekends, or a series of weekly sessions.
|Production week; integrating, rehearsing, and performing Bunker of Zion||5||August/September 2022|
5 consecutive days including rehearsals and up to 3 performances
You will also get:
- Support and space to develop your work from GL4. The Associate Artist will have regular support meetings with staff members at GL4, will be offered space to run workshops, and will be supported to connect with members of the community with whom you want to collaborate.
- Connection to a national network of 8 Associate Artists, each working in their own local areas on this project (areas include Wigan, Peterborough, Medway, Thanet, Torbay, Gloucester). Regular check-in meetings as a network, and, if desired, expenses covered to travel to other locations to meet other Associates in person and see the work in other locations.
How to apply
To apply please send the below to to Naomi at GL4 firstname.lastname@example.org
- a short video (no more than 4 minutes) explaining why you are interested in this role
- examples of your work
If you would like to apply via a different format please get in touch with Naomi to arrange this.
Deadline for applications Monday 28th March, 5pm
If you have any questions please get in touch with GL4 – email@example.com