Want to make a difference in Gloucester? And get LOADS of great experience in a friendly workplace? Join our team:
• 3 days a week
• One year contract
• National living wage (£6.83–£9.50 per hour; £614-£855 per month)
Application deadline: Wednesday 13 July 2022, 12pm (noon)
We’re looking for an intern to join our team and build a buzz in Gloucester about our events, experiences and opportunities in the city.
In practice, you’ll be doing things like:
- making sentences or graphics to explain why an event is cool
- contacting people and groups who’d be interested in upcoming activities
- sending and replying to lots of messages
- probably editing some simple spreadsheets
This role is a great way to develop your skills, learn more about marketing and get practical experience doing the actual work.
It’s an internship position – so you don’t need to have lots of previous experience or to have done this kind of job before. But you’ll also be an important part of a small team, so you’ll get to shape your work and influence decisions far more than in lots of ‘junior’ jobs.
Who should apply
We’re more interested in your character – how you go about things, what you’re like as a person – than any specific skill set. There are three key things we’re looking for:
- you want to get things done – do you find it really satisfying when you set a goal and then see it happen? Do you get frustrated if things are moving too slowly? We want people who are restless to see the impact of what they do!
- you’re proactive – are you happy to figure out your own way to solve a problem? If you need someone to explain every step of a process to you (‘first do this, then do that, then do this other thing’), you won’t enjoy this job.
- you ask lots of questions – pretty self-explanatory! We want people who are curious, creative and who wonder about different ways to get things done. We like when people ask questions.
The aim of this internship is to provide an opportunity to develop your skills and help you in your future career, whilst supporting the work of Strike A Light.
This is a part-time role: 3 days a week for one year.
Rate of pay: national living wage (£6.83–£9.50 per hour; £614-£855 per month, depending on your age)
To apply, please send TWO things to email@example.com:
You can send these two things in whatever format you like: you can write your answers out, or record a video or a voice note, or draw something – whatever you find easiest.
- a short explanation of why you’re interested in this role. This is sometimes called a cover letter – but essentially we just want to hear a bit of your honest personality. If you want to say ‘hi there, I’m a student in Gloucester and I need to earn some money so I’m applying for every job I see’, that’s totally fine! Keep it shorter than 300 words, or under 2 minutes long.
- a quick outline of things you’re proud of in your life so far. That could be a list of your academic qualifications and jobs that you’ve done before. But it could also be some music you produced or the 5-a-side team you started or the way you cook for your family. You can send us your CV if you’ve already got one of those and that’s the easiest thing to do. Or you can make something from scratch – a video or voice note if you want.
When you’re ready, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, please!
If you would like to apply via a different format, please get in touch with Jess on email@example.com
Closing date: Weds 13 July 2022, 12pm (noon)
Interviews: Tues 26 July 2022
This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.
📸 Cover photo: Stig Godding