We’re looking for an experienced Technical Stage Manager for the upcoming tour (September – November 2021) of I Stand For What I Stand On. A new show performed by four young climate strikers from Gloucester and a global digital cast.
I Stand For What I Stand On
An intimate performance, I stand for what I stand on features a live cast of 4 young climate strikers from Gloucester and a digital cast of global young activists. The show is performed directly to each audience member through headphones with original sound and digital design.
We can’t pretend it’ll be ok,
It’s something we need to discuss,
Because if we don’t act on climate change,
It will act on us.
Drawing on autobiographical experiences, a love of Harry Styles and Abba, an extraordinary understanding of the climate crisis and using cardboard protest signs, I stand for what I stand on shares the young international casts’ thoughts and fears about the impending climate crisis and explores the reality of being a teenager and growing up in the shadow of the climate emergency.
Rehearsal & Tour dates
- Rehearsals: 11 & 12 September 2021 – Gloucester (availability for these dates is desirable but not essential)
- Tech week: 22 – 26 September 2021 – Bristol Old Vic Studio
- Final rehearsals: 9 & 10 October 2021 – Gloucester.
- 12 & 13 October – Tobacco Factory Theatres, Bristol
- 27 October – Gloucester Guildhall
- 28 October – Trowbridge Town Hall
- 5 November – Torbay, Devon
- 7 November – Warwick Arts Centre
- Date TBC – COP 26, Glasgow
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience operating Qlab
- Strong experience using ETC eos series lighting consoles
- Experience touring shows into multiple venues
- UK driving license with no more than 3 points
- Has or is willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- Confident and able to load touring equipment in and out of venues and into vehicles
- Experience stage managing small and medium scale professional theatre work
- Confident with the assembly of simple set pieces and theatre-style rigging
- A good communicator who is able to work patiently in a team and communicate clearly with in-house technical staff
- Experience of working with young people and a flexible approach to working with them
Salary & Contract
- This a freelance contract with a set fee of £2,000
- Travel, accommodation & per diems are not included in this fee and will be paid separately
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page A4) outlining your interest in this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply via a different format (e.g audio or video) please get in touch to arrange this.
Deadline for applications: Friday 20 August 2021
Interviews will take place (via Zoom) week commencing 23 August 2021
If you have any questions please contact Claudia at email@example.com